Porticor User Management
Porticor provides a built-in user management subsystem. Projects (each consisting of one or more appliances) belong to customers. Each customer defines its own set of users.
The User Management facility is accessed, surprisingly enough, through the User Management button at the top menu of the central management application.
Users can be in one of two privilege levels: Administrator or User.
A User can manage the projects that were associated to him or her. Within those projects they can do anything.
An Administrator can manage his or her projects, similarly to a user. In addition, an Administrator can perform the following operations:
- Add (actually, invite) new users. These new users can be in either of the two privilege levels.
- Block users temporarily and unblock them.
- Delete users.
- Change a user's privilege level.
- Reset any user's password.
- Associate users with projects. Currently there is no hierarchy, and from a security point of view, all Administrators have the same capabilities.
An administrator can invite a new user by filling in the user's details and pressing Invite User.
The user receives an email and presses a link to complete their registration and set a new password.
After the user completed his or her registration, the administrator should associate them with any existing projects if necessary. Otherwise, the user can create their own projects.